There are so many considerations you need to keep in mind when choosing the perfect name for your website. It must be keyword-rich so it will be search-engine friendly and it must be easy to remember so it will be friendly to online users. These elements can tremendously help you drive highly targeted traffic to your website. There are also other methods that you would want to consider and some of them are the following:
1. Know the basic of domain naming. A website name can run up to 64 characters excluding the extension or suffix; it can contain letters, numbers, and other special characters. In addition, it cannot start nor end with hyphens and it is not case sensitive.
2. Know your target audience. Based on their preferences, you can make your domain name sound hip, sincere, formal, professional, upbeat, or conventional.
3. It must be short and promotes easy recall. You don’t have to use all 64 characters, in fact, you need to strive to keep it short as much as possible so it will be easy to remember. If you can create a website name using 5-7 characters, the better.
4. Insert keywords. Jumpstart your SEO campaign even before you launch your website by making your domain name keyword-rich. Download free keyword suggestion tools software online to identify the most searched keywords on your chosen niche. Try to incorporate the most popular keywords on your website name so it can secure good page ranking.
5. It must be descriptive. Online users must have a quick idea on what is your website all about or what you offer the moment they see your domain name. It must be highly related to your products and services.